Saturday, January 9, 2010

If I and my spouse decide to retire in Mexico, will we still get our social security checks?

I cannot find this anywhere, so I ask you Yahooigans.


If a couple who collects social security moves out of the country, can they still collect social security?If I and my spouse decide to retire in Mexico, will we still get our social security checks?
Social Security used to not mail checks out of the country, tho I understand they now do. However, mail is unreliable in parts of Mexico. I have mine direct deposited in one of my accounts in the U.S. then just use my ATM card to get money out as needed...same with my pension check.If I and my spouse decide to retire in Mexico, will we still get our social security checks?
Yes, in fact there was a Social Security office in Guadalajara last time I was there.


We have an account with Citi in LA that has connections to Banamex in MX.


We get our checks electronically sent to to L.A. bank, then transfer what we need (no charge) to our MX bank account.


No problem.
If you are citizens of the U.S., you can receive your Social Security checks anywhere but Cuba and North Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment