Saturday, January 9, 2010

What would you do if you found out your spouse committed insurance fraud for over $10K?

The money was deposited into a joint account and was explained away as a loan. This could implicated both parties of the joint account in the theft. What would you do?What would you do if you found out your spouse committed insurance fraud for over $10K?
I had a very similar experience with my ex-husband. He filed a claim for some stereo equipment that he claimed was ';stolen'; and it was not. I did not find out about it for some time. I immediately opened my own bank account, took my name off the joint account. My ex was finally found out, it basically ruined his army career, (he was an officer no less), ruined our marriage. He had to pay back the money along with a penalty to keep out of jail. I imagine he has a criminal record still due to the fraud. Distance yourself from this and cover you tail, if need be, report the spouse as that is a felony offense.What would you do if you found out your spouse committed insurance fraud for over $10K?
Having a joint account with this person doesn't implicate you just because they deposited it into a joint account. If you had no knowledge of this fraud taking place beforehand, then you are innocent. If you actively took place %26amp; knew the fraud was happening, then you can be implicated as well. For now, it's completely up to you whether you want to report your spouse or confront them about this, but you will not be prosecuted if your spouse's fraud is discovered because you were not aware of it.
Get a good criminal lawyer and separate my money from his. A.S.A.P!








The law may not want to hear that you had no knowledge of this. When it comes time to pay they will take your money regardless of what you knew or didn鈥檛 know simply because you name is on the account.
separate my money as quickly as possible, get an attorney and see what they say





good luck to you
You could get in a lot of trouble....that's a felony and mandatory jail time, call a lawyer, you're going to need one.........
turn her in and start the divorce process. you cant stay married to someone who is lying to you.
Hire a good lawyer.
I would confront him but dont go running around asking questions to the wrong people. I work for an insurance company and trust me they will NAIL HIM TO THE WALL. Find out what the crap he was thinking and work through it. But no one needs to know because it will not turn out good.
You need to turn him in to the company. Since he was the one who put the money in the joint account you will be in the clear. If you don't report him you become an accessory now that you do know about the fraud.
get a lawyer %26amp; get my money into a separate acct.
I would be shocked. I would have a long discussion with my spouse over what to do. I wouldn't throw him under a bus.


He's a good man. If he wasn't then I would never have married him. In the end, we would probably contact the insurance company or consult an attorney first. Do what we need to do in order to set it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment