Saturday, January 9, 2010

What happens to a petition by a sibling and their spouse when the sibling dies?

My aunt sponsored my father and mother to come to the US. My father was my aunt's brother but he has passed away. What happens to the petition for my mother? Does my aunt's original petition still allow for my mother to be sponsored?What happens to a petition by a sibling and their spouse when the sibling dies?
No, unfortunately, when your father passed away, since he was the principle beneficiary of the petition, the petition becomes invalid. There is no way for your aunt to directly sponsor you and your mother under US immigration law.What happens to a petition by a sibling and their spouse when the sibling dies?
From what I know, when the person being sponsored dies, the petition becomes invalid. Your dad is the principal being sponsored. You and your mom are derivatives of that petition. Since either you or your mom are not related by blood to your aunt, the petiton becomes void.**
No it's thrown out. She'd have to start from the beginning.
  • john masters
  • puffy eye cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment