Saturday, January 9, 2010

What is the regulation and rules about moving my spouse to my ait location?

I have been getting yes and no for moving my spouse. My orders said i was not athorized to move her but i have been told that I need to get my orders amended. I need to know the accepted time. I have been told 20 weeks and 21 weeks of training. I am currently undergoing 20 weeks 4 days of training so it is getting confusing. If you know the rule could you tell me and also give me the AR ###-## so I could have proof.What is the regulation and rules about moving my spouse to my ait location?
If it goes for more than 20+ weeks then you are TECHNICALLY entitled to receive accompanied orders, and you may move your wife at the government's expense. Of course, 20+ weeks really means ';21 weeks and up'; because 20 weeks PLUS 1 to 6 days is still within the timeframe where you cannot get accompanied orders. However, such orders depend on a large extent on your commanding officer for the following reason: even with accompanied orders, a soldier may not be able to get out of post before 9 weeks. Commanding officers do not like soldiers at AIT to leave so they are tight about it. Even after 9 weeks you may not stay over at night and the timeframe for visiting is pretty limited. So, in your case, Im sure you will NOT get accompanied orders. In which case, you will have to wait until AIT is done. Then you may bring your wife at government's expense and live off post OR at post if space is available.What is the regulation and rules about moving my spouse to my ait location?
If your wife is not on your orders, then they will not pay to move her.





There are alot of variations that are taken into account.





IE: If your AIT has more than one course you attend, then one of those courses must be 20 weeks.





Plus, it depends on the service branch.





Some services moved from the old 26 weeks to 20 weeks, but that doesn't mean they all did.
I think it's over 22 weeks of training. But if your orders do not include your family, well, you go alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment