Thursday, April 29, 2010

How long after leaving your spouse did you start to feel better?

About 30 seconds....really....How long after leaving your spouse did you start to feel better?
It's different for everybody, and depends on a lot of factors. Who left who, and why. Are there any kids involved. Even how you made out in the divorce settlement can play a part in it.


It took a very long time for me. I was certain my first husband was my soul mate. We were together for 10 years and had 2 kids. I left him, but I was still very sad and bitter that it had to come to that.


It does get better, though. If I had not left him, I would not now be with my second husband, so it was a blessing in disguise.


God never closes a door without opening a window!How long after leaving your spouse did you start to feel better?
It took me about a month to kinda get my life back ( stop crying, start eating, start having a life) And it took me about 6 months to COMPLETELY be ok with being single. I don't even really think about him anymore...or care about him. I never thought I would be like this..but I am and I am soooo glad. I'm much happier now and have recently started dating again...so far so good. :) Hang in there...IT WILL GET BETTER!
I don't think there a time table. It's just like a ';death';. All of us grieve a death in different ways and different lengths of time.





As for me, I felt better knowing I could go home and not be beat, or spit on. I could go home and RELAX.
About 3 months after the relationship ended I found a sexy Marine to ease the pain for a few weeks. I then realized I was much better without the ex after that experience. (I wasnt married to my ex, but I was engaged for like 6 years to him)
Each person is different, but usually the first few weeks are the hardest. After that, things really do start to fall into place. It depends on what you do, do you take up hobbies? Spend time with friends? Work? Start dating again?
you have to keep yourself occupied and eventually you'll stop forgetting that you're waiting to get over the split. it just depends.
I felt kind of good and free but still had feelings for him because we been together for so long and its hard to get over someone that you love
2 long years.





Its different for everybody. Time is a healer.
We split up on palm sunday this year, and I still don't really feel better about it. So I'll let you know.
Immediately right after.
2-1/2 years
It took me about 18 long months.
great question....we're talking about splitting and it's been hard on me...i wonder this too
i am in the playpen with sweet mildred
  • john masters
  • oil acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment