Thursday, April 29, 2010

How to tell your spouse you want a divorce?

Okay there are millions of divorced people out there. How do you tell your spouse you want a divorce?


What method did you use?


How long before you left did you tell them?





Thanks!How to tell your spouse you want a divorce?
Use the past tense. You tell your spouse that you left them, not leaving them, not thinking about leaving them. I did it by saying, ';I ended this marriage a couple of days ago and thought you should know...';How to tell your spouse you want a divorce?
Thinking back... I do not recall telling him :) He cheated on me, I walked in on him and the ';woman';. He lost his temper the next day, so I called the MP's and they removed him from the house. I served him with papers at JAG that week.


I think its a strong misconception that you have to tell your spouse that you want a divorce. You certainly do not need their permission to file, nor do you need their signature in most states.


If you think it will be a fight, you'll need a lawyer to help you, if you think he'll agree to the divorce just prepare the papers, serve them and wait for his response.
Do you really want a divorce? If you're not sure you can tell your spouse maybe you still have an unconscious hope that it can work out.





I told my ex-husband over the phone because he was violent. I didn't know how he would react. I already had my stuff packed in the car and a place to stay.





If you want a divorce becuase you've met someone else, I would probably do it over the phone and have your stuff...things could get violent...they don't call them ';crimes of passion'; for nothing.





If you aren't in love anymore...get counseling. Find that spark again. You do not want to be single it sucks.





Good luck!
Depends on you and your husbands relationship...





For me, he was never home and when he was he was drunk and on drugs... so it was impossible for me to ';tell him'; ... much easier to just do it on my own and leave when he's not home... let him sit and wallow and continue his loser life of alcohol and drugs. He never took the time to stop pointing the finger at me instead of himself, and still continues to blame me for absolutely everything.





So I knew, telling him would do nothing but piss him off and make him storm out of the house and/or argue with me about it.





Much better to just do what I need to do on my own and get the hell out.
you just come out and tell them. Theres no since on waiting and making the process any longer. Just sit them down tell them how you feel tell them you are past the part and process of working it out and you are tired and just want the marriage to be over. Just be blunt (dont worry about hurting feelings, cause the divorce part is hurt enough)
My ex was a selfish and mentally abusive s.o.b. He went hunting for the weekend and I moved out. I left him a voice mail on his cellphone telling him that I wouldn't be there when he got home. Cold and inconsiderate I know, but he always twists around my words when I try talking to him. It took me 24 years to leave and that's the only way I could see to do it without involving the police.
My dear I see that you aren't happy and I'm not happy and your boyfriend';s not to happy either so I'm going to make us all Happy. Bye Bye


I said that and packed my car got in it and damn thing wouldn't crank so I got in the company truck and left .
Just tell them ace to face and move out immediately. There needs to be a legal separation period in some states.
Say ';I want a divorce.'; Chances are they will not be that surprised.
Just say it..mines did and I have to cope with...good luck
Just let it out!
well, if it's come this far, i don't think he/she will be too surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment