Thursday, April 29, 2010

I am curious about the economic stimulus rebate and filing injured spouse?

My husband is being charged with child support arrears he does not really owe. Our federal refund has been intercepted every year that we have been married. We have filed injured spouse in the past, but this past year I did not work and had no income. My question is, is there any way to save my portion of this stimulus rebate? I have one child not belonging to my husband, and we have 2 children together. I am hoping there is a way to prevent his ex, who will be getting her own rebate, (plus my husband's $2000 federal refund) from benefiting from MY children.I am curious about the economic stimulus rebate and filing injured spouse?
Since the ex has convinced IRS (probably using some kind of a court order) that she is due any refund that might otherwise be coming to him. I'm afraid you will be out of luck.


He needs to talk with an IRS Enrolled Agent who can go to bat with IRS for him armed with any court orders or records he has that show she should NOT be getting the refund.


Meanwhile he could adjust his withholding (file a new W-4 with his employer) so that he has a small or no refund coming so there won't be anything for her to get her hands on.


I'm not sure if she can get the Stimulus payment for your kids or not.


Check the IRS website at;


www.irs.gov


see if they address the question.
  • john masters
  • oil acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment