Thursday, December 31, 2009

How do I get educational benefits as a Spouse of disabled American veteran?

My husband, a disabled veteran, and I are both planning on attending college this year. He will get his benefits to pay for school but I've heard I also can receive benefits to go to school myself. Has anyone gone through this process before that can help me? What do I do first? How soon can I get the paperwork done and begin my schooling?How do I get educational benefits as a Spouse of disabled American veteran?
He needs to be 100% disabled I'm pretty sure.





I am 30% disabled Vet but my spouse will get nothing while I am still alive. Now when I am deceased I know my kids can apply for aid-but not sure on my spouse.





At 30% the VA offers Voc. Rehab and other benefits.





Like others said--check with the VA for the actual benefits and don't go by what we say-as this is just our experiences unless someone references a source.How do I get educational benefits as a Spouse of disabled American veteran?
I am the spouse of a 50% disabled vet. I have been researching this for a month. I'm sorry but we, as spouses, are not intitled to any educational benifits unless they are offered as scholarships or grants by a particular university.

Report Abuse



The best way to find out this kind of information is to contact the Department for Veterans Affairs at www.va.gov and search for the office nearest to your location. There they can give you all the information you need. You can also get any forms you may need off of that site.
There are No educational funds for Spouses.


If he is going through VOC Rehab with the VA,


when he graduates...they will expect him to get


a job and will stand a chance of losing his VA Comp.
Welcome to the GI Bill Website

No comments:

Post a Comment