Monday, December 28, 2009

When your spouse or significant other is home, do they share in the parenting responsibilities?

Do they give a helping hand or do you usually still end up doing most of it yourself?





My husband is great about pitching in most days, unless he's exhausted.When your spouse or significant other is home, do they share in the parenting responsibilities?
Absolutely, once my husband gets home he plays with Isaac and he's just so excited to see him that doesn't want to leave his side, so cute!





If I'm busy or wtv he gives him something to eat and makes for himself but if I'm there in the living room or kitchen with them I'll do it.When your spouse or significant other is home, do they share in the parenting responsibilities?
No. We respect our traditional roles in society so I will be the one breastfeeding our children for 2 years, homeschooling them for kindergarten, cooking the meals for my husband and children, getting up with them when they are sick or crying, helping with homework when they go to school for 1st grade, cleaning the home, and keeping my husband ';happy';. My husband shouldn't have to do anything because he will be transporting our children to school before he goes to work, working all day and then bringing them home on his way home from work.
Yes i share parenting responsibilities. Sometimes for a few days in a row, i only breastfeed my daughter and her daddy does everything else from comforting her, changing her, burping her. Then he gives her back to me when she's hungry lol This helps me regain much of my energy. But there were times when i felt i was doing most of it myself as well.
My husband is wonderful and does just as much as I do, if not more on some days, with the kids. We have three with us right now (my two other step kids are living with their mom) and he used to be a stay at home dad (as well as a sinlge parents with full custody for four years before we married) so he's got things down pretty dang well.





My ex (daughter's father) was completely different. I couldn't count on him to do much of anything. As soon as I got home from work, he was out the door without even saying anything. Never mind that I might want to relax for ten minutes while he's been playing PS2 for hours straight and can't even help entertain the toddler. Oh well. Some men just don't care.
its usually me.


he doesnt get much sleep cause he has to get up at 5 30 and baby falls asleep around midnight. he works 8 1/2 hrs but we dont have a car so its an hr to get to work n an hr 1/2 to get back. hes gone 11 hrs every day so by the time he gets home i really want a break.





but most of the time hes tired from a long day and little sleep but sometimes he lets me take a nap while he watches baby.


hed watch baby more but baby cries for mommy.





so ya. story of my life lol
we try very hard to be 50/50 in all things- sometimes we each need to be reminded, but it has worked for us so far...





but i am unbelievably lucky- i have never been able to participate in the usual wife complaints that i hear from my girlfriends and coworkers....





he is great and recognizes that it isn't ';helping me out'; to do things around the house- he lives there too, just like it can't possibly be ';baby sitting'; if it is YOUR child... that is actually called parenting.





i feel so sorry for the ladies who have to say things like ';i have three kids- my two children and my hubby!'; that isn't partnership- that is donna reed... who has THAT anymore?
Well my hubby is home with me. He is disabled, and can't work.


He is very limited on his physical abilities obviously, but he does as much as he can. He helps get them food and drinks and helps with getting them dressed. He can't lift them up, and he can't bend over or climb or run, so I do most of it. But it doesn't bother me, because he does try and does what he can. Every little bit helps.
No. I do it all : cooking, cleaning, laundry, giving kids baths, changing diapers, potty training, paying bills. He helps put the kids to bed some nights and that's it.
I wish I had the option. Being single and doing it all on your own is tough. At least I know I'll have to do it all. I'd rather know than rely on someone who lets me down over and over.
Yes for the parenting responsibilities.


(Now if only we also shared cooking and cleaning, and laundry, that'd be great...)
Parenting responsibilities, he is on top of!


Household responsibilites.... we are still working on that!
The kids are older now but he did when they were younger. He does with the house and the laundry also. He always has and I would not have it any other way. We both work.
my partner helps with everything when he's home after work and on rdo's.


always has.
he's great with the kids! I still do everything else.
we try very hard to be equal in all things- sometimes we each need to be reminded, but it has worked for us so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment