Thursday, December 31, 2009

Is it possible to obtain a home loan when spouse works out of state?

My husband will be taking a job in Atlanta soon, but I will be staying in Los Angeles for a few months until he gets situated. I will be staying with my parents, so I will not be paying rent. Would it be possible to obtain a home loan for a primary residence under this circumstance?Is it possible to obtain a home loan when spouse works out of state?
Depending on whether or not you have a job lined up, but if you go to an exception based lender, something like the olden days of sub-prime, now called level 2, 3-they should be able to work around it. You will need a VOR (Verification of Rent) from your parents, and a lot is still going to be dependent on your credit and the home you are actually buying.Is it possible to obtain a home loan when spouse works out of state?
I recently relocated from buffalo to charlotte, now, most people say no doc loans are dead, well not necessairly as bank of america down here states they can do a no doc loan if I have 10% down and a 720 credit score. The point is a few, one, I dont believe alt has been as hard hit in terms of property values, so lenders may have more programs available. The next question would be is this a lateral move for your husband? If he's staying in the same field, this will help, if not, the bank may want to see 3 months of employment history. Next is will this job let him qualify on his own? If so, then I would say you have a pretty good shot. He will have to go around and speak with different lenders in the area to talk about qualifying. He should make sure he has copies of recent paystubs and w-2's. Make sure he has these, you know how us guys are. Also, discuss a power of attorney. I don't know if your going to go into title and be on the loan itself or not. Ga is not a spousal or community state, meaning he could just put himself in title and that is it, it also means you have no interest in the property being a spouse, so make sure that is discussed as well, good luck and let me know if I can answer anything else
You can do that. Normally they want a lease from the person that is not moving into the home.


Ask your lender for specific requirements. They may want a letter from your parents or a lease stating $0/month.

No comments:

Post a Comment