Monday, December 28, 2009

How do you deal with a spouse who has to impress visiting relatives, and gets annoying with it?

When relatives are coming, suddenly the whole house has to be spotless when it is normally they don't care and are slobs. New this and new that has to be purchased. Suddenly every crumb I drop is a major issue or a pair of shoes out of place and the way I dress is a all of a sudden, appalling.


Why do people have to pretend to be what they are not?How do you deal with a spouse who has to impress visiting relatives, and gets annoying with it?
If the house has to be spotless, tell him HE better start cleaning. You can just go out anyplace. Wait till the slobs leave and come home if you can stand this idiot you married.How do you deal with a spouse who has to impress visiting relatives, and gets annoying with it?
I don't have a spouse, and she just does it because she knows that people judge.
It's not about pretending to be who you are not. It's about showing respect for the person who is visiting your home so that they do not have to visit in a mess. When you invite someone into your home you are supposed to present a clean home, the same way you present a good and polite attitude (even if you are not normally like that) and the same way you are supposed to present them nicely put together food and drinks. It's the etiquette of having someone in your home, relative or not.


My mother and father only live about 30 minutes away, but whenever they come over I make sure at the very least that the entire place is picked up and vacuumed and mopped and dishes done, etc. Basically I do whatever I can in the 30 minutes it takes them to drive over. And I have a toddler at home and my home never looks like that! So should I invite them over to a messy place because it's not normally like that? No! I then make sure I have a pot of coffee on and some sort of something out on the table whether it be crackers and cheese or cookies or what not.


I also do this with any friends or anyone who is coming over.


I'm not trying to be who I am not. These people have all been over during a ';typical'; day when there are crumbs on the floor and toys all over the place. So they know what it's normally like.


So when they arrive and I have presented my home to them in a good way I am sure they are appreciating it and not thinking I am pretending to be someone I am not.
  • green cream
  • mark makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment