Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I had to file injured spouse to get my part of joint tax return. How will that affect my tax rebate in May?

A company that my husband owed took our joint tax return because he had fallen behind on payments. I filed injured spouse to get my portion of the return. He still owes them some money, but is now on a repayment plan. Will they still try to take the tax rebate money we get in May? Since I filed injured spouse, does that effect the amount we will receive?I had to file injured spouse to get my part of joint tax return. How will that affect my tax rebate in May?
Companies cannot intercept tax refunds. State and Federal agencies can. If a private company got the refund, it's because they levied the bank account.





The injured spouse form only applies to back taxes, student loans, child support and other state/federal debts. if this applies, the form will cause the rebate check to be split 50/50. However when it gets to the bank account, it can still be levied.I had to file injured spouse to get my part of joint tax return. How will that affect my tax rebate in May?
YES the company did a levie on bank account idon't know that if u tried to close that account and get a new one will they be able to levie the other or try closing the account and if at all possible don't open another until u get the money they will send a check to house when they get the deposit back for the closed account.if u need a debit card u can always get a prepaid debit card from walmart somewhere and get direct deposits for paychecks so u can still pay bills on-line til this mess is fixed.GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment