Monday, December 28, 2009

What is the processing time for Spouse filing for a petition of spouse?

My sister's husband (the petitioner), a US born citizen, applied for I130 thru lawyer, for my sister (the beneficiery) on June 2008.


They have not received a notice for the interview date or a request for more documents.


That has taken way longer than the expected time line for that case,


what would be the cause? any solutions?


Thanx.What is the processing time for Spouse filing for a petition of spouse?
It will usually take 8 or 9 months and possibly up to a year. It took 9 months for my i129f to be approved for my Fiancee. You can check the status on-line. Have you done that? It will show what submission months are currently being processed. Hang in there it takes awhile.What is the processing time for Spouse filing for a petition of spouse?
Has she at least received a Notice of Action? If she hasn't, then maybe the documents got lost in the mail or something... All I can say is that it's an unusually long time to wait. If she does have a notice of action with a receipt number on it, she can use that number to check her case status online at www.uscis.gov or call their customer service. She could also check with the lawyer to see if he can provide any additional info.
It might take a little longer than usual if they FBI background check is not back. Immigration can't not do anything until they get the background check back. I would strongly suggest she contacts the USCIS and ask for a report about the status of the case.





Has she received a receipt confirming they got the paperwork? if not, then most likely USCIS do not have them. I hope things work good for her. Good luck.
I would check on it, if I were you; it is taking too long.
  • green cream
  • mark makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment