Monday, December 28, 2009

Spouse is self employed, How can I claim my employer sponsored medical insurance cost ?

My husband is self employed , I am employed and pay medical insurance on both of us through my employment, at a very high cost, can I claim the cost of his insurance ?Spouse is self employed, How can I claim my employer sponsored medical insurance cost ?
If it was taken out after taxes, it is an itemized deduction of Sch A. If it was taken out before tax, there is no deduction because you were not taxed on that money.Spouse is self employed, How can I claim my employer sponsored medical insurance cost ?
Generally speaking, employer sponsored health insurance is deducted from your paycheck ';pre-tax';. As such, you receive the tax benefit on your paycheck. Therefore, no further tax deductions for it are available on the 1040.
The answers above are right, so the primary factor becomes whether your insurance was included in block 1 of your W-2. You should either review your W-2 or check with your employer.
why are you worried about money?


that's life, deal with it!!!








see what you get for giving me nasty comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment