Monday, December 28, 2009

My spouse applied a home loan on our existing home. Can he get the loan without my signature? We plan divorce?

We plan to divorce soon. Is there a way to stop him getting the loan? He is applying the loan behind my back. If approved, he will get all the money which will results in big difference in divorce property division. My spouse applied a home loan on our existing home. Can he get the loan without my signature? We plan divorce?
If the house is in joint title, no he can't unless he gets someone to forge your signature.





Go to the courthouse and have an impending divorce notification put on the title.


Notify the company carrying your homeowner's insurance.


If you know he's applying for a loan, notify the bank.





And, if he succeeds and you can demonstrate that he took out the loan over your objection then the divorce judge should take that into account and make him responsible for the whole note.

No comments:

Post a Comment