Thursday, December 31, 2009

What are all the pros to being a spouse to a military husband?

My fiance is joining the Army. I love him very much, and I'm so excited and proud of him for making this choice! I was wondering, what the pros are of the military. What benefits and such do they receive?





Also, don't get me wrong, I am not just marrying him for the sake of getting benefits from the Army. I love him very much! And we are high school sweethearts. :) Thank you very much!What are all the pros to being a spouse to a military husband?
I hope I don't offend anybody by saying this, either, but marry him after he's finished with all of his training. My daughter is an army wife and she got married to her boyfriend after all of his training and before he got deployed. Three weeks after their wedding, he deployed to Iraq. They did do it for the benefits because he wanted to make sure that she was taken care of in case something happened to him in Iraq. He felt better just knowing she'd be ok as far as benefits. You will get health benefits and education assistance in case you want to go to college if you are married to him. If he's deployed and you are married, you will get separation pay, combat pay, and you will get to live anywhere you want and you'll get BAH (money for housing) based on where you choose to live. During my son-in-law's first deployment, my daughter lived near me and not on base. About 3 months before he was scheduled to come back, she moved on post (on base) and lives there now. She gets to shop tax-free on base. So, there are alot of benefits for army wives!





So, don't feel bad about a quick wedding, or marrying him for that reason because many have done that before you and many will do it afterwards. We planned my daughter's wedding in 2 months. He found out he was leaving for Iraq, proposed to her, and 2 months later they were married and three weeks later he was gone.





Good luck to you and welcome to the army family! I appreciate what your fiance is doing for our country.What are all the pros to being a spouse to a military husband?
While he is deployed you will have your pick of all the guy's left behind, usually how it goes, that's why the divorce rate is so high in the military.

No comments:

Post a Comment