Monday, December 28, 2009

How is stimulus payment impacted by injured spouse claiim?

For the 2007 tax year, me and my husband filed. He owed child support and since i was the only one working I filed an injured spouse claim and later received a paper check. However, on my 1040 I did request to have my refund direct deposited. How will this impact the stimulus. Will this be directed deposited or paper check; does the injured spouse claim also cover the stimulus rebate.How is stimulus payment impacted by injured spouse claiim?
More than likely you will recieve a paper check...and the IRS will take half of what your rebate amount is to apply it towards the debt...I had the same issue...and I thought we would just lose a portion of the rebate since you get more for being married and that the injured spouse could get the money for the kiddos but it dosen't work that way. The IRS takes your whole amount and splits it 50/50

No comments:

Post a Comment