Monday, December 28, 2009

How does offset taxes affect my spouse when he is the provider and the debt is for me?

Every year they offset our taxes but never actually take anything. IRS is still saying it will Direct deposited Friday. I have not seen anything in the mail saying they are paying this debt.How does offset taxes affect my spouse when he is the provider and the debt is for me?
They will not always tell you if they are going to garnish your check. Usually though, on the IRS website it will let you know if they are offsetting them due to either child support or student loans. And then once they offset them, if they have enough reason they will garnish the whole thing.


BTW -- There is a such thing as an injured spouse form that you should be able to get off the IRS website. This protects anyone like your husband who makes the money, so he will not be affected by your past debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment