Monday, December 28, 2009

Will my spouse and child be able to join me while im in technical school?

I'm planning on joining the air force to become an air traffic controller apprentice. The schooling for it is 22 weeks long. While I'm waiting for a call- back from the recruiter, I was just wondering if my family will be able to live with me for the 22 weeks that I'm in school for this career.Will my spouse and child be able to join me while im in technical school?
I don't know who told your ATC was 22 weeks, but it isn't.





ATC Tech School is 73 days long, or 14.5 weeks.





I think you were told Basic and Tech School combined.





So no, your husband will not be moved to your Tech School by the Air Force.





But he could move there himself and pay the cost and rent an apartment off base.





You will still be restricted to the base during Phase l , and have to apply to be able to move off base with your husband after you start Phase ll.





That will depend on how well your doing in school, your PT scores and Airmenship and room inspections.





IE: if your having problems, then they will NOT let you move off base.Will my spouse and child be able to join me while im in technical school?
22 weeks is not long enough for the military to pay for your family to move with you
I think, although i am not positive, that you have to finish this course first.


This was the case when i joined up
  • green cream
  • mark makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment