Tuesday, December 22, 2009

If I filed an injured spouse form, will they take all of the refund or just my husbands portion?

The stimulus states the refund can be intercepted for back child support. My husband owes the money not me, will I still get my portion of the refund or will they take it all?If I filed an injured spouse form, will they take all of the refund or just my husbands portion?
they will split it in half. I am on the same boat.I called IRS and they told me my half would be direct deposited and his would go toward his debt. I also asked if it would be delayed and she said yes since I just filed my 2007 taxes a week before the deadline. She said after they process my injured spouse claim I would see my rebate two weeks later =(If I filed an injured spouse form, will they take all of the refund or just my husbands portion?
JUST YOUR HUSBAND'S PORTION WILL BE TAKEN.IT WILL TAKE UP TO 11 WEEKS TO BE PROCESSED IF YOU FILED IT WITH THE RETURN THOUGH,SO BEST TO FORGET ABOUT IT FOR NOW IF YOU JUST FILED RECENTLY.IF YOU FILED INJURED SPOUSE AFTER YOU FILED THE RETURN IT MAY TAKE UP TO 8 WEEKS THOUGH.
You should get youra at least, I am in the same boat. But they never take all of our taxes just half.

No comments:

Post a Comment