Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What happens if my seperated spouse cashes our jointly filed tax return?

What is my recourse if my separated spouse cases our jointly filed tax return and keeps all the proceeds? My ex spouse has repeatedly refused to give my share of the proceeds.What happens if my seperated spouse cashes our jointly filed tax return?
Good luck, the local authorities are your best bet unless you signed the check. The IRS will not do anything unless fraud is included as in he forged your signature, the bank could be liable if they accepted a forged signature. You would have to prove it was a forge and the bank knew it. IRS won't really do anything as it is a civil case.What happens if my seperated spouse cashes our jointly filed tax return?
They can't legally cash it without both signatures. You could report them to the IRS.
If he forged your signature, that is crime. You can file police report and sue him.
You go to judge judy!

No comments:

Post a Comment