Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How my spouse's credit score will affect to get a mortgage?

My spouse and I are planning to buy a house in the next few months. I am wondering how my spouse's CS will affect to get a good mortgage deal. I have good credit (781, just checked) but my spouse has been accumulating credit history for less than two years. A point that may be consider is that neither my spouse nor I carry credit card debt, just student and car loans. The total payment is less than 5% of our monthly income. Thanks!How my spouse's credit score will affect to get a mortgage?
When you apply, put your name first on the application and your spouse as teh cosigner. You may get a slightly higher interest rate because of her score, but I think you'll still be okay. Do you know what her score is?How my spouse's credit score will affect to get a mortgage?
Dont sweat it - you'll be fine.


Carrying balances on revolving credit cards is a killer when applying for a mortgage.


Your credit reports will be combined.


Don't focus on the score too much. Mortgage companies view your reports in detail (ignoring the scores).





If you can put 20% down for the best apr. Also 20% will prevent you from paying that nasty PMI - like throwing thousands away a year.





Do not go for variable rates. Only do 15 or 30 year fixed.


Interest rates are going up in May (or sooner), and if you do variable your interest payment will double - even triple.


/
They will consider both. As long as your spouse has no negative items, it shouldn't be a factor.
  • green cream
  • nail polish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment