Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I filed and injured spouse claim 8 weeks ago and still has not been processed! What is going on?

Every time I call the IRS they give me different answers! I filed after my return , so it was to take 45 days and so far nothing. What is the problem and why would it take so long?I filed and injured spouse claim 8 weeks ago and still has not been processed! What is going on?
Hang in there. filed ours april 15th,, finally July 5th got his half of refund, now waiting on the stimulus. They sent letter saying stimulus would be out by the 11th, and for $1200.00, yeah right , I know they will keep my $600.00. But, will be ok with whatever they send!


OH, a shocker , they actually added some interest to the refund!!!! Wasn't as much as they add on if you owe them , but I will take it anyway. LOL!!I filed and injured spouse claim 8 weeks ago and still has not been processed! What is going on?
Injured spouse claims take 8-11 weeks to process, not 45 days. If you haven't received a check after 14 weeks (11 weeks if you are getting a direct deposit) call the IRS and they can do an internal referral to speed things along.
Processing timeframe for injured spouse is 12 to 14 weeks (counting Monday thru Friday only).


IRS is still trying to finish all original 2007 tax returns, that is the only priority at this time.
Because everybody is busy answering the phone calls about the stimulus program.
The IRS is backed up with the ';Rebate';.
My understanding is that it can take up to six months to get everything processed with an injured spouse claim. In a normal year, I would expect it to take 8-12 weeks. This year, I would expect it to take 12-20 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment