Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What are an estranged spouses rights upon death of spouse in louisiana?

I've been separated for over 10 years but no legal filings have been made. If I die today does my estranged spouse have the right to my body , funeral arrangements and my estate? We have lived apart and with other partners since separation.What are an estranged spouses rights upon death of spouse in louisiana?
If you die today and you're not DIVORCED your spouse gets it all. A separation, legal or otherwise is NOT a disillisionment of marriage. As long as there is no divorce decree your spouse is still your spouse and your partner get's nothing if you die, even if you have a will your spouse can contest it and win based upon the fact that there is no divorce decree.What are an estranged spouses rights upon death of spouse in louisiana?
If you have no legal separation then yes your spouse does. Why have you not gotten a divorce?

No comments:

Post a Comment